Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Top 5 News Platforms

    The first amendment protects our right to speak, assembly, practice religion, and press. As citizens of the United States of America, we must keep up with current events to ensure that our rights are not being infringed upon by the government. It is very important to protect our first amendment rights. Remaining up to date with the news is almost essential nowadays. Having several different sources of news can help to eliminate bias and find the underlying truth. Five sources that I like to use are Apple News, Fox News, CNN, Google News, and Instagram.


Apple News:

As a college student, I rely on Apple News to stay informed and engaged with the world. This app gives me notifications and access to quick news. It is very user-friendly and I can easily access breaking stories and important developments, even when my schedule is busy. I do not always have time to research the accuracy of FOX or CNN, so this is a real time saver. It filters stories from both sides so I am confident that I am viewing unbiased material. 


Fox News:


Fox News, widely recognized as one of the largest national news channels, delivers information and updates with a distinct conservative republican slant. Despite its clearly biased approach, tuning into Fox News provides me with the opportunity to gain insight and perspectives from one side of the political spectrum, allowing me to effectively analyze and contrast their viewpoints with those of the democratic party.




CNN:


CNN is a major national news outlet that gives a voice to liberal and democratic viewpoints. Their reporting is known for sharing insights that align with these beliefs. As a college student who wants to stay informed, I make sure to read news from a variety of sources, even those with a left-leaning bias. This helps me form my own opinions and see different perspectives from both sides of the political spectrum. I believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle of conflicting sides.



Google News:

As a college student, Google news is a crucial tool for me to broaden my understanding. I contains very diverse and thoroughly researched content. Its impartiality sets it apart from other news sources, offering a variety of perspectives and a higher level of trustworthiness. When conducting research, I often use Google news to double-check and validate information from other sources. It not only helps me fact-check but also provides a wealth of resources for my academic projects.


Instagram:




Instagram is not typically seen as a traditional news source, but it can still provide valuable insights and updates on current events. I follow various influencers and news accounts that offer a unique perspective on trending topics. It is important to diversify news sources in order to obtain a well-rounded understanding of current events. Using Instagram as a news tool allows me to stay informed in a more engaging way. By incorporating Instagram into my news routine, I am able to stay informed and engaged with the world around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO 2 Reax

 Our second EOTO presentations were extremely successful. one group that really stood out to me, was the mediasphere group. These topics rea...